Jerusalem Day is an exciting time to be in Jerusalem celebrating Israel’s victory in the 1967 war when the city was liberated & reunified.
Parents have lots of fun ways they can prepare their kids for this momentous event. Here are some of our favorite options.
ACTIVITIES TO DO BEFORE
Tour of Ammunition Hill & Ropes Course
Learn about the history of the Six Day War from the trenches. Take a walking tour through Ammunition Hill and learn about the soldiers who fought there. You can also watch a movie about the battle site. When you are finished your kids can challenge their bravery and experience the Jerusalem Ropes Course with a skyswing, rock wall climbing, snappling and omega zipline. firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Gush Etzion
“If Jewish Jerusalem exists… it is first and foremost due to the fighters and settlers of Gush Etzion.”
Gush Etzion played a vital role in ’67 to the safety of Jerusalem. Come to the area and learn about it at the new Gush Etzion Sound & Light Experience in Kfar Etzion.
When you are there make sure to arrange a Biblical Bread Workshop at Pat BaMelach, a hands on Judaica woodworking workshop at The Workshop Gush Etzion and an interesting tour at the Zomet Experience to learn about Shabbat & Technology.
Kotel Cam – at the Simcha Hall in the Old City
Feel part of the excitement as they set up for the flag parade and celebrations at the Kotel. This is one of the highest definition cameras overlooking the Western Wall Plaza. Make sure to tune in on Yom Yerushalayim as well.
YOM YERUSHALAYIM EVENTS
- Annual Jerusalem Flag Parade – walk the streets of Jerusalem with thousands of marchers dancing in the street. From Gan Sacher to the Old City via King George, Agron and Mamilla.
- White Night at Kikar Safra – Israeli musicians join the Jerusalem Symphony Orchestra to celebrate Jerusalem.
- Old Yishuv Court – Experience Jerusalem in one of the Old City’s most iconic museums. Activities give you a feel for the past & life in the Old City.
- Musical Experience at the Tower of David – meet characters from the history of Jerusalem and learn about the city in a theatrical performance.
- Meet the Mayor at the Tower of David
Do you have more events to add? Send them to us.
For a full list of activities visit our full Yom Yerushalayim events list on the calendar.