The State of Israel goes from a somber Yom Hazikaron Remembrance Day straight into celebrating Independence Day. It’s a very special time to be in Jerusalem and there are many events going on.
Celebrate Israel’s Independence Day in Jerusalem.
The Independence Day Flyover
The highlight of Independence Day is the incredible flyover show performed by the Israeli Air Force. There is a new app that tells you minute by minute what the times will be by city as well as information about the airplanes flying overhead.
Prayer & Singing Events
- OU Israel Community Prayer & Song Event at First Station
- Yom Haatzmaut Prayer and dancing at the Western Wall (Kotel)
- There will be community parties and concerts
Many of the city’s museums will be open for FREE and they all have special programming and activities for the holiday.
- Israel Museum – Enjoy the annual Israeli folklore dance show!
- Tower of David –
- Bible Lands –
- Science Museum –
- Begin Museum – Enjoy a sound and light show as you walk through the museum learning about Menachem Begin and the State of Israel.
- Heichal Shlomo – Festive Prayers
- Agnon’s House – A literary celebration including theatrical tours.
- Beit Eshkol – Come and learn about the establishment of the State of Israel and its first leaders via an experiential tour of the historical building that served as the official residence for many Israeli prime ministers.
- Ammunition Hill – Climb on tanks, tour the battle site, see heritage movies, try on battle equipment and meet soldiers from the Golani brigade.
- Old Yishuv Court – Guided tours, live theater and interactive game for the whole Family.
Har Herzl Ceremony – for ticket holders only. This event is broadcast on tv on Wednesday Night at 7:45pm.
For Concerts & Street Parties click here
- Gan Haatzmaut 10:30pm, 12:00am
- Har Herzl 11:00pm