A “Glamping” (Glamour Camping) camping experience in the Judean Desert between Jerusalem and the Dead Sea called the Chan – Desert Camping Israel.
Hear my interview with David, the manager of this small family business on BITE SIZE with Yoni Pollak.
Listen to the Interview
Here are some of the “Interview Highlights”
- It’s authentic camping but with some home comforts. (We call it “Glamping” – Glamour Camping)
- Beautiful tents with nicely made beds with white sheets & crisp clean towels.
- Guests enjoy clean bathrooms and showers on the premise.
- Your host greets you, gives you a sunset tour of the area and cooks Biblical-style dinner (vegetarian) with you by the fire. After dinner, guests enjoy a campfire singing and sharing stories etc.
- In the morning, guests are woken up early for a magnificent sunrise tour. Upon return, guests enjoy a rich Israeli breakfast.
- Desert weather is mild in the evenings, so guests are encouraged to arrive in the late afternoon.
- Desert camping is available all year-round except August (too hot!). Including Chol Hamoed Sukkot and Chol Hamoed Pesach!
- There is a shomer on-site all evening to make sure no unwanted visitors (neither human nor animals).
- Great activity for families – from babies till 99 years old (they actually hosted a 99 yr. old!!)
- Most interesting event was hosting a few families for a seder, just like the Jews did when traveling in the desert for 40 yrs.
- The Chan is also available for hosting events, parties, bar/bat mitzvahs. You can bring in your own catering. Activities can include campfire, drum circles etc.
- Located close to Eretz Breishit. Can combine the 2 activities.
Contact David for more info.