Hear about the Behind the Scenes Sofer Tour and get to know Rabbi Moshe Braun and what inspires his Judaica artwork on BITE SIZE with Yoni Pollak.
Listen to the Interview –
Here are some of the “Interview Highlights”
- The Behind the Scenes Sofer Tour is a great hands on way for families to learn about the process of making a pair of Teffilin, a mezuza or Sefer Torah.
- Learn about the writing, the batim (little black boxes that house parshiyot), the klaf (animal skin upon which it is written) and what writing tools are used to write these holy texts.
- People of all backgrounds have enjoyed this fascinating tour.
- The tour includes lots of hands on experiences including – touching raw parchment before it is cut, holding batim that are in the process of being built, writing with the feather quill that is used in the parsha writing and more!
- Moshe is a Sofer as well as a Judaica artist originally from the US and now living in Ramat Beit Shemesh with his family.
- The gallery/studio is filled with his art including papercuts, calligraphy pieces and more!
- Moshe started out as the co-founder of an Industrial Design company but later decided to leave that and move to Israel where he could use his artwork to focus on Jewish themes.
- After a few years of Torah study, together with his Rabbis, he came to the conclusion that he should find a way use his art to make the world a better place.
- Jewish artists have been using paper-cutting as a form of art for hundreds of years.
- Moshe incorporates his industrial design background with the art of paper-cutting and creates magnificent original pieces. Ketubot, Birkat HaBayit etc.
- The inspiration behind each piece starts either with a text or a Jewish theme or other personal inspirations.
- Moshe will be happy to plan a custom tour for your group. Contact him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tefillin Workshop * Behind the Scenes Sofer Tour * Judaica Gallery Tour * Papercutting or Calligraphy WorkshopMore Info