When you think of glass blowing do you think of Venice? How about thinking of Jerusalem!
Glass blowers in Israel are not common. It’s a very unique skill and we found the expert in a special designers cooperative in Jerusalem. Hear about Yael Vloch and her glass blowing workshop in Jerusalem on BITE SIZE with Yoni Pollak.
Listen to the Interview –
Here are some of the “Interview Highlights”
- Yael creates various forms of art – glass blowing, flame working, sculpting, glass jewelry & design.
- Yael works in a Jerusalem Artists Co-op Studio located on Derech Beit Lechem.
- In the Co-op, each of the ten artists works with a different media: Graphic designer, Industrial Designer, Ceramic Designer and Fashion Designer. Each artist has their own studio. Sometimes they work together on projects.
- The studio is located near the First Station on Derech Beit Lechem – right across the street from Japanika.
- Yael studied at Bezalel Art School in Jerusalem.
- Yael runs Glass Blowing & Flame Working workshops for people ages 6+
- Both naturally creative people and those people that want some creative guidance – enjoy the workshop.
- Workshop gives people an amazing opportunity to create objects made of glass and experience flame blowing.
- For a recent exhibit at the Hansen House, Yael made a piece of bazooka gum and a gum bubble out of glass – it looked like it was incredibly real!!
- Yael works at her studio daily and is happy to book a custom workshop for any size group. Contact her at: email@example.com