Jerusalem Art Tours offers art loving tourists of all ages an insider’s look into the Jerusalem Art Scene. Experience the neighborhoods of Jerusalem through the eyes of the artists.
Participants will have the rare opportunity to meet with leading Israeli artists in their studios,visit galleries on and off the beaten track, and learn of their unique connection to Jerusalem.
Friday October 6th: The Bezalel Story – Art Tour
11:30-13:30, meet at The Artists’ House,
Sunday October 8th: The Mamilla Art Tour
11:30 – 13:30, meet at the entrance to the Mamilla Mall, King David St.
Monday October 9th: The Nachlaot Art Tour
11:30 – 13:30, meet at the Davidka Square, Jaffa St.
Tuesday, October 10th: The Ein Kerem Art Tour
11:00am – 13:00. Meet on 24 Ein Kerem St
- Nachlaot Art Tour –Nachlaot is one of the oldest and most authentic of Jerusalem neighborhoods. It hosts a multi-cultural and multi-generational population which is a microcosm of Israeli culture at large. It is no surprise then that many leading Israeli artists find their homes and studios there. Tour participants explore the history of the neighborhood as they walk through its alleyways and courtyards, stopping along the way to meet and talk with artists, curators and art collectors.
- Mamilla Art Tour: Mamilla is one of the oldest of Jerusalem’s neighborhoods with a history of dramatic transformation and change. The art that resides here is diverse and varied. Participants visit a contemporary urban art initiative, a traditional silversmith store and studio, and a new art gallery representing Modern Israeli painting.
- Between the Old City and the New: – In the valley between the Old City and the New you will find a picturesque pathway with modest square structures on either side. Since the reunification of Jerusalem in1967 artists have taken to this valley. Shielded from the sounds of the bustling modern city, they are inspired to create and produce art. Here you will meet leading Israeli painters, silversmiths, weavers, Judaica artists and more. Many of these artists, are world renowned having exhibited in some of the most prestigious art museums in the world. See the work and meet the artists for a personalized discussion about art and culture in the city.
- The Bezalel Story The name Bezalel first appears in the Bible in the book of Exodus. It means in the shadow of or under the protection of God. Bezalel was the chief artisan of the Tabernacle and in charge of building the Ark of the Covenant. Israel’s leading Art School takes its name from here. The school was established 50 years before the creation of the State and has since grown and developed together with it. We meet at “The Artist’s House” where it all began. We’ll learn of the characters whose remarkable vision and persistence brought visual culture into Jerusalem and then walk further up the street to meet with contemporary artists who continue to create and challenge their city’s artistic vision.
- Ein Kerem Tours: Ein Kerem is Jerusalem’s secret gem: a quiet, quaint and stunningly beautiful mountain village. It is no surprise that it hosts a variety of artists: painters, ceramicists, sculptors, jewelry designers, photographers and more. The artists who live and work here, have a particularly deep connection to this village. Their personal family histories, and traditions are enmeshed in their art work, making this Ein Kerem Art Tour an intimate and unique experience .
Booking A Tour: For details about our tours please send Caron an email with the name of the tour you would like.
Prior registration is required, so that visits with the artists can be arranged.Reserve a Tour
Sun-Fri: By reservation only
550 NIS for group (up to 6 people)
Extra adults 90 NIS, 65 NIS Ages 12-18, under 12 Free