Jerusalem isn’t the only place to have FUN!! Just 15 minutes away in the Jerusalem Hills there is a wonderful area called Kibbutz Tzuba filled with lots of fun activities for you and your children. Hear some of the options from the managers of all the fun activities in Kibbutz Tzuba on BITE SIZE with Yoni Pollak.
Listen to the Interview –
Here are some of the “Interview Highlights”
- The kibbutz was actually called “Palmach Tzuba” and was established in 1948 by the Palmach. Nowadays most people just call it Kibbutz Tzuba.
- Kibbutz Tzuba is one of the few cooperative kibbutzim that still exist.
- The kibbutz activities include farming, the “Galita” chocolate farm, the winery and Kiftzuba.
- Tzuba has a variety of activities for children and adults, banquet halls, conferences and more.
- Kiftzuba Park is an amusement and experience park suitable for family entertainment, intended for ages 1 to 14.
- The park has indoor facilities and open air activities that offer a fun experience for the whole family especially for those who love to be active.
- Visitors come to the park from all over the country. It’s very unique to see children of all types of population – Ultra-Orthodox, Seculars, Arabs and Jews – Having Fun Together
- Among the park’s facilities you can enjoy a family roller coaster, a boat in a storm ride, ninja complex, pirate carousel, cannon complex, Inflatable facilities, mini giant wheel, bumper cars, ball pit and a snack bar.
- The park has an indoor area with great activities, including an area for children aged 1-4 years. A great activity for a rainy day!
- Kiftzuba is open on holidays, weekends and during all school vacations in Israel.
- The park is available for private events throughout the year.
- The park has a snack bar where you can buy food and drinks (not kosher).
- Tzuba Winery was established in 2005 as a winery based on grapes from kibbutz Tzuba vineyards planted in 1996.
- The winery is managed by Paul Dub, who is originally from South Africa and was one of the first in the kibbutz to plant the vineyards in 2013.
- All wines of the winery are kosher Mehadrin under the supervision of rabbinate Mateh Yehuda and international kosher OK.
- You can visit the winery and get an explanation of the winery’s history, winemaking process and tasting of 4 types of wines. The duration of the visit is approximately 45 minutes to an hour. Reservations
- Chocolate workshops work for all ages. A whole family can sit around one table creating chocolate together!
- Workshops include basic chocolate bar decorating to building a chocolate house or creating incredible truffles and pralines. It’s all hands on!
- Galita Tzuba is Mehadrin and closed on Shabbat.
- Tal Adler the Galita Tzuba manager invites you to all come and enjoy some of the best chocolate drinks in town made with fresh Galita chocolate.
Hikes in the area
- Hikes include natural springs, vineyards, and hilltops with incredible views.
- There are set hikes on Saturdays leaving form the hotel that are all within the eruv.
- To find out more about hikes in the area email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Great hotel for family weekend vacations or family events, with rooms that can accommodate 2 parents and up to 3 children.
- In summer there is a large outdoor swimming pool and a toddler pool.
- Hotel guests can enjoy free entry to Kiftzuba during their stay at the hotel, and 25% discount on galita chocolate factory.
- Friday brunch: Every Friday our famous brunch is held in the lobby and terrace of the hotel. The brunch consists of a rich Mediterranean buffet and a variety of fresh bread from the tabun, salads and cheeses. Highly recommended!
- Family events and Shabbat Hatan can be held at the hotel. For details and reservations: 02-5347000.