Jerusalem isn’t the only place to have FUN!! Just 15 minutes away in the Jerusalem Hills there is a wonderful area called Kibbutz Tzuba filled with lots of fun activities for you and your children. Hear some of the options from the managers of all the fun activities in Kibbutz Tzuba on BITE SIZE with Yoni Pollak.
Listen to the Interview –
Here are some of the “Interview Highlights”
- The Kibbutz is actually called Palmach Tzuba and was established in 1948 by the Palmach. Today most people just refer to it as Kibbutz Tzuba.
- All of the managers live on the Kibbutz and it is one of the few communal kibbutzim still in existence.
- Its industries include agriculture, a hotel, a Winery, Galita Chocolate Factory, and Kif Tzuba.
- Tzuba has activities for children and adults!
- To find out more about any of the Tzuba activities email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kif Tzuba is the main Jerusalem area amusement park.
- Visitors come from all over the country. It’s unique to see children from all walks of life – Jews, Arabs, Charedim, Dati Leumi – having fun together.
- Activities include: Family roller coaster, pirate ship, foam tag, bouncy castles, bumper boats, carousel and more!
- Yaron Rozen the park manager was excited to tell us that he recently purchased 5 of the “best rides on the market” from Italy.
- There is also an indoor area with great activities including an area for children ages 2-4. A great rainy day activity!
- Kif Tzuba is open in July and August and all Israel school vacation days.
- It is available for private events all year round.
- There is a cafeteria on the premise where one can buy food and drinks (not Kosher) and they have plans to open a Kosher food option this coming summer.
- Tzuba Winery is managed by Paul Dubb who is originally from South Africa and was one of the first Kibbutz members to plant the vineyards in 1996.
- The Winery was established in 2005.
- Special Winery tour every Friday – On this unique tour you will tour the winery and the vineyards and will get to see an ancient wine press from the days of the First Temple. Followed by delicious meal at the Winery (dairy or meat).
- Daily Tours between hours of 8:00am-4:00pm. Reservations required. After the winery tour, you will enjoy some wine tasting.
- If you don’t have a reservation pop in to see if there is space in a wine tasting workshop.
- The Winery creates many different types of wines but specializes in Chardonnay and desert wines that are only sold at the winery.
- Wines can be bought at the Tzuba hotel as well as at the Galita Chocolate Factory and in Kosher stores across the US.
- Daily hours Sunday-Thursday 8:00am-4:00pm. Fridays 8:00am-2:00pm
Galita Chocolate Factory
- Great family activity!!!!
- Chocolate workshops work for all ages. A whole family can sit around one table creating chocolate together!
- Workshops include basic chocolate bar decorating to building a chocolate house or creating incredible truffles and prailines. It’s all hands on!
- Galita Tzuba is Mehadrin and closed on Shabbat.
- Tal Adler the Galita Tzuba manager invites you to all come and enjoy some of the best chocolate drinks in town made with fresh Galita chocolate.
Hikes in the area
- Hikes include natural springs, vineyards, and hilltops with incredible views.
- There are set hikes on Saturdays leaving form the hotel that are all within the eruv.
- To find out more about hikes in the area email: email@example.com
- Great hotel for family shabbat or events with family rooms that can sleep 2 parents and 2 kids.
- In the summer there is a large heated outdoor swimming pool and hotel guests have access to Kif Tzuba during their stay.
- Friday Brunch: Enjoy a delicious Mediterranean Buffet while looking out at the beautiful Jerusalem hills. Fresh bread from the taboon, salads and cheeses. Highly Recommended!