There are lots of exciting events and projects going on in Jerusalem in honor of the 50th anniversary of Jerusalem’s unification.
Today, I met with an old friend Simone Katz, Chief Marketing officer at Jerusalem U and had the pleasure of hearing about Jerusalem U and it’s new videos project called “The Countdown to the 6-Day War“.
Hear my interview with Simone Katz on BITE SIZE with Yoni Pollak.
Listen to the interview:
Here are some of the “Interview Highlights”
- Jerusalem U is an organization focused on creating videos with an educational focus on Israel & Judaism for the US universities and a US audience.
- Right now they are working on an exciting project called “The Countdown to the 6-Day War”. 12 short videos based on the Jerusalem Post headlines from 1967 leading up to the War.
- The videos will be released over the next 5 weeks.
- The first video will be released on May 17, 2017.
- You can sign up to receive notifications when videos are released on their website: http://www.sixdaywarproject.org/ or checkout their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Jerusalemu/.
- This special project has been put together by Jerusalem U in partnership with the JPost, Jewish Council for Public Affairs, The Israel Action Network, The Center for Israel Education as well as Federations of North America.
- Each video will start out with the Jerusalem Post front-page headline for each day of the war – they will take you back to 1967 to what it was like to wake up in the morning and see that Israel was in danger of annihilation.
- The videos will also include animated maps, voice-overs and archival footage from the 1967 time period.
- Videos will also be posted on the Jerusalem Post website.
- Simone gave us a sneak-peak about other upcoming Jerusalem U projects, including a special film in honor of Israel’s 70th birthday about Israel’s involvement in the creation of water technology – coming out next year!
Ready to get a taste for this special new project? See the promotional video…