Meet Avi Dov Bernstein, founder of Emek 25, one of Jerusalem’s newest event spaces as well as Zoom Thru Jerusalem – a new age way to tour the streets in Jerusalem. Recorded for BITE SIZE with Yoni Pollak.
Listen to the Interview –
Here are some of the “Interview Highlights”
- Avidov has been in the Jerusalem food business for over 20 years.
- Avidov started at Bonkers Bagels and later opened his own catering business called Quiche Catering.
- Quiche Catering, has been around for 15 years and they do dairy event catering as well as meat catering for shabbatot and chagim meals and other family events.
- The Problem: In Jerusalem, Kosher restaurants are unable to be open on Shabbat. Therefore visitors, wanting a non-hotel venue for a family meal have had a hard time finding one.
- The Solution: Avidov saw the problem and found a solution! He started Emek 25 – which is an event space in the center of German Colony – available for rent for private family meals or simcha events including Sukkot.
About Emek 25
- The hall is a glass enclosed space in a beautiful Jerusalem courtyard.
- A great option where one can get delicious hotel-quality food but in a private setting.
- Perfect place for private family meals or for any types of family or simcha events: Bar mitzvah meals, Brit Milah, Shabbat Sheva Brachot, Shabbat Chatan (Auf Ruf) etc..
- Avidov takes care of all the details.
- To create a cozy family feeling, food can be served family style – in the center of the table.
- For family events up to 60-70 people.
- A lovely venue both in the summer and winter.
- It is conveniently located on Emek Refaim – right behind Nitzat Duvdevan, next to Pompadiou.
- For Sukkot, a sukkah is built for private meals, that can fit up to 50 people.
Zoom Through Jerusalem
- Avidov, an avid motorcycle rider, saw that many friends came to Israel for short trips and did not have time to do the typical tours.
- So he started to give tours to people on his motorcycle. The motorcycle allows a tourist to get to harder to reach places, more quickly.
- The tour includes both a historical and culinary perspective of Jerusalem which gives a unique view of the beautiful, historic city.
For more info about Emek 25 or Zoom Through Jerusalem, contact Avidov at email@example.com