To understand what makes All Star such a successful “American style” camp in Jerusalem we sat down with Dov Rabinowitz, the founder of All Star Sports Camp. Recorded for BITE SIZE with Yoni Pollak.
Listen to the Interview –
Here are some of the “Interview Highlights”
- All Star Israel is an English speaking camp and has been around for 16 years!
- It started out with 10 kids and 1 counselor (Dov was the first!).
- It now has 2 branches – one in Jerusalem and one in Chashmonaim.
- Kids can sign up for the entire session or on a per week basis (great for tourists and locals!!).
- The kids play all kinds of sport activities – basketball, baseball, swimming and more…
- Kids do not need to be natural athletes to enjoy the camp.The camp focuses on kids having fun as well as on each kids personal sports development/improvement as well as life skills learned through sports.
- Some of their mottos are:
– “Sportsmanship equals improvement plus unity”
– “Practice equals improvement”
- The camp has a special camp spirit. That spirit is passed down from the many counselors who were are former campers at the All Star Israel Camp.
- Color War
- Weekly Slip and Slide activity
- Weekly field trips to water parks, museums and more….
- For kids entering K-10th Grade and a 9th & 10th grade CIT Program.
- Camp runs from beginning of July thru mid-August.
- 2 locations – Jerusalem and Chashmonaim (near Modiin).
- Short Day (8:30am-1:30pm) and Extended Day (8:30am-3:30pm) available.
- Transportation available.
- For this years dates and prices click here.