A unique family camping site in the center of Jerusalem – in the middle of a forest. This special summer activity is brought to you by City of David.
Go to sleep in the forest, wake up in the city!
Walking distance from the First Station and from Yes Planet, a secure campsite awaits you in an enchanted forest. Take the opportunity to enjoy the quiet of nature and watch the stars at night.
Stay at the campsite and receive 20% off the many attractions offered by the City of David.
What are you waiting for?
Camping will be open for weekend reservations (Thursday-Shabbat) beginning June 11.
- Camping in your own tent
- Camping in a rented tent
- Guest units
Facilities in the camping area
- Handicapped accessible restrooms
- Common kitchenette equipped with refrigerator, freezer, sinks and electric burners
- Picnic tables and benches
- Charging stations for mobile phones
- Barbecue areas
- Charcoal disposal stations
- Facilities in the guest rooms
Restrooms and showers
- Full linens – sheets, pillows, blankets
- Kitchenette with small refrigerator
- Air conditioning
- Secure Campsite – gated and with a security guard
Camping on Shabbat
The camping area is suitable for Shabbat observance:
The area is open to the community at large, and entrance of cars and fires are allowed in permitted areas on site. However, Shabbat observant guests will find everything necessary to stay in the heart of nature while observing the halachot of Shabbat.
- Eruv around the complex, certified by an ordained rabbi
- Prayer area, with Sefer Torah
- Hot water urns and plata for Shabbat
- Area for candle lighting
- Guests should bring their own wine for Kiddush, Shabbat candles, etc.
- Late check out from the site after Shabbat ends at no additional cost
Photo Credit: Eliyahu Yanai, City of David Archives