One of the easiest ways to personalize a Bar or Bat Mitzva or a special event is to create a custom bencher (Bircon). With today’s technology the personalization options are so much more advanced.
I had the pleasure of meeting Daniel Laufer one of the founders of Let’s Bench based in Jerusalem and to hear about how he got started and how his benchers can be found all over the world.
Hear my interview on BITE SIZE with Yoni Pollak.
Listen to the interview:
Here are some of the “Interview Highlights”
- Daniel Laufer came to Israel from Silverspring Maryland via Boston and has a background as an educator. He used to run the Tochnit Ramah Program and that is where the idea for a personalized bencher was born.
- His business partner is Yitz Wolf a well known photographer.
- The idea for the personalized Bircon came when Daniel had to think of a great gift to give his students at the end of their year in Israel – he incorporated pictures into a Bircon that they could take home with them.
- What started as a side business is now an easy to use website app to create your own personalized bencher.
- There are many options for the content of the Bircon – Transliteration, Hebrew & English, French, Shabbat & Zmirot
- Physically the bircon comes in different sizes – a booklet, 2 fold laminate, 4 fold laminate
- My Favorites – the wedding bencher with pictures of the couple dating and getting engaged and the Bat Mitzva bencher with pictures of her childhood and a cover of her at the Taj Mahal.
- Custom booklets – Megillat Esther, Hanukka Blessings, Yom Haatzmaut prayers
- To see the easy to use app visit www.letsbench.com
- Yitz & Daniel can create a custom cover for you. They are the real people behind the app.
- Stay tuned for a Bircon Haaretz that they are currently developing. It will be a bircon with beautiful pictures of different places in Israel with a custom cover option.
- Orders are accepted from all over the world.