Opened at the end of 2017, the Israel Aquarium is one of the hottest Jerusalem attractions. It is located next to the Biblical Zoo and has a separate entrance and separate admission fee. It is currently open for a soft launch where you can see most of the exhibits.
SUMMER TOURS OF THE ISRAEL AQUARIUM
Tours are for ages 5+. Tours are 90 minutes.
No Flash Photography and no food inside the aquarium.
See you soon at the aquarium.
The aquarium takes you on a fascinating journey through the four seas of Israel; Mediterranean, Sea of Galilee, Dead Sea and Red Sea. All of the different seas have different aquatic life based on the different water.
Highlights for Kids & Families
- incredible shark tank with viewing station and walk through tunnel
- pop up stations for kids to feel like they are in the tank.
- viewing windows behind the scenes into the science labs and containment areas
- sting ray feeding pool (food will be provided on sticks by the staff for a small fee)
- food and drinks are not allowed into the building
- photography is welcome but without a flash (don’t want you to scare the fish)
The fish have begun to arrive but the aquarium will not open to the public until all of the exhibits are filled with fish.
The Shark viewing area will be an incredible place to host a party in front of the tank. Contact the aquarium for more information.
The aquarium was donated by the Gottesman Family and will host chugim, workshops and research as well.
How to Get There
Continue through the zoo parking lot down the road to the aquarium entrance. There is plenty of free parking. In the future there will also be an entrance near the Noah’s Ark in the Biblical Zoo.
This is going to be an ideal place to spend a hot or rainy day in Jerusalem.Contact the Aquarium
See the aquarium website for times and tours
45 NIS per person
Venue: The Israel Aquarium