Enjoy an ancient experience at Eretz Bereshit when you are greeted by Eliezer and brought into the tent of Abraham. Be a part of the Biblical story when you ride a camel to the tent and partake in some light refreshments from the couple known for their hospitality.
Visitors are given clothes to wear from Biblical times, and have a chance to meet Biblical characters (not all characters are present each day). At the end of your visit make sure to pick up your camel license. Eretz Breishit is a 20 minute drive outside of Jerusalem near Maale Adumim.
Camel Ride, Pita Baking & Hospitality
Camping at Eretz Bereshit
Come and enjoy an incredible evening under the stars in our large hospitality tent. Eretz Bereshit provides the mattresses, toilets and hot showers – you bring your own sleeping bag.
You can use their refrigerator, hot plate, tables and chairs. There is the option of dinner / breakfast at an extra charge (mid-week only, Saturday no meals are served). See pictures below.
The Desert Tzimmer with a Jacuzzi
The Tzimmer at Eretz Bereshit is an air conditioned structure overlooking the beautiful desert view. The Tzimmer comes with a double bed, toilet, shower, fully equipped kitchenette, electric hob, fridge, disposable utensils. (Cookware should be brought in). See pictures below.
But wait there is a more – a large Jacuzzi facing the desert landscape on the mirpeset. For families, mattresses can be added for up to 2 kids in the large open space. Reserve your vacation during the week or over Shabbat.
Tour the Carma Olive Press
Learn how Olive Oil is made using an ancient olive oil press.
Dinner or Lunch in Abraham’s Tent
Enjoy an authentic meal in Abraham’s tent with your family.
Reserve Extra Workshops:
- Pita baking workshop (all ages)
- Pottery making workshop (all ages) – Use clay material to make pottery or whatever makes you happy.
- Mosaic Workshop (all ages) – Place colored stones in a soft material to create shapes & patterns.
- Ancient Hebrew Writing (ages 8 +) – Learn the letters of Ancient Hebrew throughout the ages. Write a letter to a friend using a key showing modern and ancient letters.
- Desert Ways (all ages) – Seeing and studying the daily living of our ancestors and those who live in the desert, we see and pet the sheep, see our Home Pigeons and understand their purpose in ancient times and go to the Cistern and drawn water as they did in years before.
- Ancient Bricks Factory – Come and learn how the Israelites made bricks back in Egypt and what it takes to build a home from what can be found in the desert.
Making a Bar/Bat Mitzva at Eretz Breishit
Eretz Breishit is a truly unique location for a Bar/Bat Mitzva or a wedding. They provide full catering services and a view you can’t find anywhere else. The Kashrut is Rabbanut Matte Binyamin. Special events can be catered with Rabbi Rubin’s hashgacha.