Make SHEKEL-Community Services for People with Special Needs one of your stops next time you are in Israel. Shekel is Israel’s largest organization enabling full inclusion for 8,000 people as a part of, not apart from, the general community in every aspect of daily life.
The following are a few examples of what SHEKEL has to offer your family:
- Painting one of SHEKEL’s independent living apartments for people with special needs
- Basketball game with SHEKEL’s basketball team
- Soccer game with SHEKEL’s Hapoel Katamon Soccer Team
- Packaging boxes together with people with special needs in SHEKEL’s Packaging Factory
- Designing new embroidery products at SHEKEL’s Sewing Studio
- Preparing decorative candles and gifts at SHEKEL’s Candle-Making Factory
A Standard Visit Includes (segments interchangeable as necessary):
- Breakfast or Lunch at SHEKEL’s dairy restaurant “Food Time Cafe”
- Brief tour of SHEKEL’s Vocational Rehabilitation Headquarters
- Film (20 min.)
- Volunteer Activity
We would be delighted to host families for a variety of unforgettable, fulfilling events.
Ask Shekel how you can incorporate a visit into your Bar or Bat Mitzva itinerary. An incredible way to give back to the community and have fun at the same time.
FOR BAR & BAT MITZVAS:
SHEKEL’s graphic studio includes people with special needs and prepares highly-professional beautiful Birkonim, Zemironim, and invitations. To order, please call Yael: +972-52-5610383 (or in Israel: 052-5610383). Mazal Tov!
ABOUT SHEKEL: What Makes Us Different?
SHEKEL – Community Services for People with Special Needs enables inclusion in every realm of daily living for all kinds of disabilities:
- Living within the community
- Employment training in multiple fields
- Dozens of sports and leisure activities
- Accessibility solutions
- Extended school day programs to allow children to remain with their families
- Specialized therapeutic treatment for special-needs victims of abuse.