Have you ever wanted to meet an artist and take part in a workshop where the artist sits with the participants and teaches them her craft? A Kakadu Workshop is just that….a wonderful and unique experience. Meet Reut Shahar in her workshop and hear about how she got started and how she built a well known brand.
Kakadu artwork is painted wood in specific Kakadu colors and you may recognize it from their store on Yoel Soloman in town. The art uses shapes, animals and figures from nature. Visit the photos tab for a gallery of Kakadu products.
Choose from a variety of wooden art pieces to decorate with the guidance of the artists at Kakadu. This is a great activity for kids of all ages and even adults can enjoy the hands on workshop.
Meet Reut the world renowned Kakadu artist and see some of her recent work. Kakadu is located in the beautiful Ella Valley in Moshav Tzafririm (near Beit Shemesh).
Gallery Visits & Hands on Workshop
Families can reserve a private Kakadu experience where they meet Reut and hear about the story of how she built the Kakadu brand. Then you will enter the workshop yourself and create a Kakadu masterpiece.
Visitors can choose from place mats, to decorative objects, coasters, Hamsas and can even design floor mats if they request it in advance. The wooden carpets are internationally patented. Each piece is “finished” off by Reut herself and each person walks away with a beautiful piece of art in the Kakadu style. At Kakadu they believe that everyone is a born artist.
The tour ends with a visit to the Kakadu factory store. Tour can be arranged in English or Hebrew. Advanced booking is required.
Art Parties – Bar/Bat Mitzva or Birthdays
Kakadu runs a unique art workshop to help you celebrate a special day. Whether it’s a Bar/Bat Mitzva or a special birthday, Kakadu will create a custom program for your guests. Parents and grandparents can enjoy the workshop as well in the beautiful pastoral setting.
The party can take place in the Kakadu Gallery & Gardens in Moshav Tzafririm or if you prefer, you can also invite Kakadu to come to you. Reut will bring her stories and crafts and create a Kakadu workshop in your home or at a special location of your choosing. Contact Reut for details.
Activities Near Kakadu: make it a full day activity
- Kakadu hosts special holiday events for families including a Sukkot Family Festival, Pesach Festival and Shavuot Festival.
- Each Friday in the Winter, Kakadu hosts a workshop and family tiyul at 10:30am. Visit the events tab for details.
- Rent bikes for your family through the Moshav and take a bike tour through some of Israel’s most beautiful landscapes. Spring begins early at Kakadu so you can already enjoy the flowers starting in January.
- Take a tour of the local caves with Aron, Reut’s husband. He is a licensed tour guide and will take you into some of the caves used during the time of King David. Aron is full of stories and is a great guide for all ages.
- Reservations are required
Custom Order Furniture
During the winter months, Kakadu offers customers the option of ordering special custom pieces of furniture including large floormats (Internationally patented), Choose your colors and pattern and Reut will create your unique piece of art.
From Mobile: Click here to call KakaduContact Kakadu
By Reservation only
Price depends on group size
and type of item chosen for workshop.
Private groups up to 10 are 850 NIS