An exciting new art program for budding young artists is opening in Jerusalem for kids from evacuated families.
It’s being run by the SLS Art Academy at the Museum of Italian Jewish Art.
The program is a 10-part, weekly art class for kids aged 6-12 years old, to explore their natural artistic talents through the lens of Jewish art and culture.
- Explore concepts such as colors, shapes, negative spaces, abstracts, still-life and more.
- Learn from the masters, like the Macchiaioli Italian painters, French impressionists and others
- Familiarize yourself with the classic painting tools
- Meet local and visiting artists
- Field trips to local museums, Jewish historical landmarks, national parks, and art galleries.
- End of course exhibition of the children’s works at the museum.
Sarah L. Singer is a Painter, Printmaker and a Photographer.
Elisheva Marciano is a classical photographer, also trained as a phototherapist.
They both live and work in Jerusalem.