If you have walked down to the end of Emek Refaim lately, just across from the First Station, then you have seen the new Isrotel Orient being built. As it gets closer to completion, I took a behind the scenes tour to find out what will make it so special and why the hotel already has a buzz even before it’s open.Book A Hotel Stay or Event
Hear my interview with Jason Gardner, the Banqueting & Conference Manager of the new Isrotel Orient on BITE SIZE with Yoni Pollak.
Listen to the interview:
Here are some of the “Interview Highlights”
- Isrotel Orient will be part of the exclusive collection of the Isrotel brand along with Cramim, Beresheet and Carmel Forest Spa. It is the first Isrotel Hotel to be built in Jerusalem.
- The hotel will have 243 rooms, 25 suites, and some beautiful Heritage Suites located in restored Templar buildings.
- Bringing the flavor of the German Colony inside with a Templar Museum about the architecture and history of the neighborhood
- The hotel style will be – authentic Jerusalem with a modern feel – a real mix
- Jason expects a soft opening in June 2017 and the hotel has begun to accept reservations for July 2017.
- The hotel is located – in the German Colony, a close walk to Yemin Moshe, Center of Town, Old City, and across the street from the vibrant First Station.
(This video was taken on February 27, 2017. I apologize that it flips in the middle – newbie mistake)
- Sports facilities include an outdoor pool on the roof and an indoor pool & gym next to the Carmel Forest Spa.
- Chef Assaf Granit (machneyuda) & Eric Attias (from the David Citadel and Daniel Hotel, Herzalia) are working together to create a unique menu for guests that mixes authentic middle eastern and modern cuisine with an open kitchen. Expect an incredible breakfast experience at the Isrotel Orient.
What makes the new Isrotel Orient an ideal place to host a wedding, Bar/Bat Mitzva or a conference?
- The Banqueting Center (Allenby + Patterson) can host conferences for up to 800 people, weddings up to 700 people with a variety of options for smaller events as well.
- The outdoor pool area will be available for cocktail receptions and to host a chupah for up to 200 people. Overlooking the Old City, Judean Hills and the New City.
- The Allenby Ballroom is 700 meters (7500 sq feet) and can hold up to 700 guests in one contiguous space with extra high ceilings.
- The Wingate Conference Room is for VIP meetings & business sessions.
- The Patterson Hall – is 150 meters that can be divided into 3 with state of the art audio/visual technology. Every details has been thought through.
- The Shul which is located next to the ballroom can hold up to 50 people
At the end of our radio interview, Jason told me that the excitement has already begun and he has conferences as well as weddings and Bar/Bat Mitzvas already booked for this year. In fact he just booked a Bar Mitzva for February 2018.
So it’s not too early to check in with him to plan your next simcha.