Gush Etzion is thriving with great tourism activities and restaurants. We had the pleasure to sit down and enjoy lunch with Devorah Katz, founder of Pat BaMelach to hear about Pat BaMelach’s newest location and new cafe. Recorded for BITE SIZE with Yoni Pollak.
Listen to the Interview –
Here are some of the “Interview Highlights”
- Pat BaMelach began as an artisan bakery in Rosh Tzurim and became a household name for their family bread workshops for locals and tourists.
- As the bakery continued to grow and demand for their delicious breads also grew they realized it was time to expand its bread production to reach Jerusalem and all over the country.
- Devorah and David the owners of Pat BaMelach searched the Gush Etzion area for a factory space – and found the perfect spot in Efrat (in the Gefen/Rimon neighborhood).
- Lucky for them and all of us, the factory space had a restaurant space attached. So after months of finding the perfect chef and testing out unique food dishes, Pat BaMelach Cafe opened in Efrat!
- The Workshops are still located at the Rosh Tzurim branch – where they also continue to sell their healthy breads.
- The new cafe has lots of easy parking and breath-taking views of the Gush Etzion hills.
- The cafe has already become a social “hub” in Efrat.
- Pat BaMelach has been instrumental in putting Gush Etzion on the tourism map!
- The menu has unique shakes, soups, salads, sandwiches and main dishes.
- Many of the menu items showcase the famous Pat BaMelach breads.
- Yummy kids menu – pizza, french fries and more…
- This may be one of the only places in town where you can find a Mint Chocolate Chip shake – my favorite!
Take Away Items
The cafe is also known for its take-away items
- In-house salatim סלטים
- Pizza dough
- Fruit Shakes
- Lots of unique bread roles, ciabatta, baguettes, slider buns
- And on Fridays – a wide range of challot and rolls
About the Pat BaMelach Summer Music Series
- Pat BaMelach is also instrumental in bringing more cultural events to the Gush Etzion area.
- Initiated by Jeremy Brody, the Music series brings famous musicians to give a concert at the new branch of the Pat BaMelach Cafe.
- The Solomon Brothers, Chaim Dovid and Shtar are just some of the sold-out concerts that have already performed.
- Yonina is coming June 14 and was sold out with in 2 days!
About the Biblical Bread Workshops
- The workshops incorporate bread making with the Biblical and historical significance of bread in the lives of the Jewish land & people.
- Workshops are very popular so if you are interested in one, you should book in advance – especially for summer and chol hamoed days – best to book months in advance.
- All workshop goers will receive a 10% discount at the cafe! Order in advance and have it delivered to the Rosh Tzurim branch.
- Lots of fun Pat BaMelach merchandise to buy!! (Shout out to Studio Dov Abromson on super cool stuff)
- All workshops are located at the Rosh Tzurim branch!
- Both Pat BaMelach locations can be rented out for a private event – Bar or Bat Mitzvah, Brit, family get-togethers, tourist groups etc.
- The Efrat location fits up to 150 people and Rosh Tzurim fits up to 50 people.
To book a workshop, private event or for more information, contact Devorah at firstname.lastname@example.org