Parking in Jerusalem recently became a hot topic among tourists when the city decided to get rid of all the parking meters and parking ticket machines. Tourists with rental cars frantically contacted Fun In Jerusalem asking us how they were supposed to park in the blue and white areas of the city!
We researched the topic and worked together with the Iriya parking department to address the needs of the tourists. That led us to the incredible staff at Cellopark who listened to our tourists’ concerns and adapted their technology to fit the needs of locals and tourists.
With some super useful upgrades to their app we can confidently say that – Cellopark is the #1 parking app for tourists.
- Identity – tourists no longer have to put in an Israeli identity number (Teudat Zehut) in order to open an account with Cellopark.
- Credit Card – the app allows users to use international credit cards
- Phone Number – past versions asked applicants to list their local Israeli number. Now tourists can list phone numbers from across the world especially since many tourists don’t rent local phones anymore.
- Language– the app automatically detects your phone’s language and switches it for you from Hebrew to English, saving tourists from feeling at a loss with Hebrew instructions. The app is available in Hebrew, English, Arabic and Russian.
- Malls & Parking Lots – you can park in more than 160 parking lots across the country like Malcha Mall, Liberty Bell Park and the Train Station parking lots. Making it simple to pay automatically at the exit.
- Customer Service – english customer service representatives are available more often at Cellopark and they respond to emails as well.
- GREAT customer service – we have been super impressed by how Cellopark heard the needs of the tourists and adapted their app to work for the tourists as well. Now that’s great customer service.
Our Favorite Cellopark Feature:
We love the automatic parking features, which include auto’ parking termination that automatically turns off the parking when the app senses that the car has moved. The app senses rapid car movement or an in-vehicle Bluetooth connection and terminates the parking session, which has saved us countless times from racking up an extra high parking bill.
There is a fee for this feature (9.90 NIS per month) but it is so worth it! You are only charged when you use the parking app – once you leave Israel you will not be charged again as long as you don’t use the Cellopark app.
Although we focus on tourism in Jerusalem – Cellopark works across the country. Just choose the region you are in and PARK.Step By Step Cellopark Instructions