The summer season of festivals in Jerusalem is about to begin. In addition to the exciting festivals this is such an exciting summer in Jerusalem with the opening of the "First Station" and the new Teddy Kollek Park. See details below...
First Station Grand Opening- May 14
The Old Train Station in Jerusalem has been transformed into a lively new outdoor shopping complex with restaurants, shops and places to relax and enjoy the Jerusalem vibe. The Station will have a grand opening on May 14th from 10:00am-6:00pm with music, dancing, costumed actors and excitement. The station will host farmers markets, festivals and will be one of the venues for the Israel Festival 2013.
- Chik Chik Chak is a permanent bazaar at the Old Train Station on Tuesdays 3pm-10pm and Fridays 10am-5pm. The bazaar is a celebration for the whole family with a variety of activities, workshops, and a fair with baby items, children’s items, and housewares for sale.
- Farmer’s Market at the Station takes place every Thursday and Friday and offers an amazing variety of fresh, organic fruits and vegetables, boutique cheeses, breads, baked goods, and more.
- “A Matter of Design” market at the Old Train Station Plaza in Jerusalem features Israel’s leading designers, each one of which specializes in a specific material and creates a variety of products.
Israel Festival: May 23-June 8, 2013
The Israel festival is a yearly festival in Jerusalem showcasing some of the best drama, theater, dance and music. Shows will take place at theaters around the city including the new "First Stop" venue located at the Old Train Station compound. This years festival has two shows for children and teens. Click on the links below to purchase tickets.
-As You Like It: June 1
An adaption for children of Shakespeare's famous play.
-Shiraz's Heart: May 25
A special show performed by the Orna Porat Theater
Lights Festival in the Old City: June 5-13, 2013
This exciting festival takes place in the Old City of Jerusalem beginning at the Jaffa Gate. Follow trails of light on different paths through the Old City. In addition there will be a rock circus performance to the music of Queen that will take place in Habonim Park on the outside of the walls of the Old City near Jaffa Gate. Tickets must be purchased in advance. Buy Tickets here
Formula One Race- June 13-14
Come and see the first ever Formula One race which will weave its way through the streets of Jerusalem past the Old City. See world renowned racers and stunt masters as they perform in Jerusalem. Cars will be on display at the "First Station" from June 9-13. The race can be seen for FREE at various places along the route or tickets can be purchased for special raised seats.
Teddy Kollek Park Grand Opening- End July
This new park is located just outside the Old City at the bottom of Mamilla. The park features a large water feature combining water, sound and light as well as beautifully landscaped gardens. The park will be a new passageway from the New City into the Old City and a fun place for kids and families to relax. Come and enjoy the light show each night at 8pm. FREE. The Park is funded by the Jerusalem Foundation.
Coming soon in August...
- Chutzot Hayotzer Artist Festival: August 6-18, 2103
- International Puppet Festival: August 4-8, 2013